Sunday 28 June 2009


I was thrilled to have Music Legend Burt Bacharach as a guest. Since the early 60’s, he has been one of the most innovative and influential figures in popular music. With various lyricists, he racked up an array of International multi-million selling hits that included, Perry Comos ‘Magic Moments’ Dion Warwicks; “Walk On By”. Cilla Blacks “Any One Who Had A Heart” Gene Pitneys; "Twenty Four Hours From Tulsa”. The hits just continued to come like; "Trains And Boats And Planes", "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself", "Alfie", "I Say A Little Prayer", and "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?". For Sandie Shaw "There's Always Something There To Remind Me", and the Walker Brothers "Make It Easy On Yourself". From Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid and its award-winning standard "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head". The hits just continued to mount up…
In fact, back in the mid 60’s with my group The Kingbees’ we recorded a Bacharach classic ‘My Little Red Book’. Unfortunately an American group 'Love' beat us to it and had the hit. Burt told me he hated there version! Ah well, what might have been……

No comments:

Post a Comment